Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Comunication for turfgrass managers

During all the time that I have spent working on various golf courses I have observed that one of the best qualities for a superintendent is going to be communication skills.

At Penn State Dr. Kaminski has implemented with an internship preparation class and communication class. During the internship preparation class we develop skills to make resumes, cover letters and express to our employers our goals that are required for the internship project at the end of our internship.

''Communication is key to success'' that is what not just Dr. Kaminski said but almost every single of our professors here at Penn State. I believe that developing skills not just to communicate to the workers but also to the members and to the greens committee is basically the main role of a superintendent in the industry.

Personally it is very important for me because my communications skills were not my strenght when I started at the program. I believe that as time passed, the most progress I have made the most progress. Hopefully when the time comes to apply for an Assistant position not only the Superintendent is going to evaluate my dedication but also my communicating skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment